Infant Massage Classes for Parents
The power of touch can relax, help with communication and development, and build confidence for the infant and caregiver through creating a stronger bond between the two. Invest in your child’s health and learn tools that will last a lifetime!
Infant Massage Classes are geared towards 9 week year old newborn babies to 4 year old toddlers, but the techniques can be adapted to children of any age.
Parents are taught about different types of touch, infant behavioral states, cues, reflexes, and how to incorporate massage techniques to relieve and relax issues such as: teething, digestion, constipation, sleep disorders, and even symptoms of colic. With the crawlers to toddler stage, yoga poses and stretches for both the children and parents are incorporated to help soothe childhood restlessness for maximum benefit. Along with topics discussed throughout the class, handouts with pictures and descriptions are given for each of the protocols.
Teresa Porter with Tina Allen of LittleKidz Foundation, April 2012.
For working parents, taking five to ten minutes a day to massage your child will help to alleviate the five to ten hours of separation they experience from you. A stronger parental bond is created by taking one on one time with the child. For maximum benefit, Teresa, also a working mother of three, strongly encourages fathers to join mothers in the classes. It is very important that both parents share the time bonding with their child.
Teresa had the honor of meeting and learning directly from Tina Allen, founder of leading children’s health and nurturing touch organization, Liddle Kidz Foundation. Tina is a respected international lecturer, author, and authority on infant and pediatric massage.
- Read what parents have had to say about their Infant Massage experience on our Testimonials page.
Infant Massage Classes
Dates & Location:
See Events page for upcoming class dates.
Gilbert, AZ — Exact address will be given at time of registration.
Registration Form needs to be filled out prior to attending class.
What to Bring:
- A blanket or pillow for the baby or toddler to lay on.
- A small three ring binder with plastic sheets to put all the handouts in.
- Organic oil will be provided.
- Most importantly, your child or children. Children need to be healthy and well to participate.
- Register by the pre-registration date on the Events page and pay only $75 for four week classes.
- Regular fee is $100 per child.
- Teresa is willing to come to you(home, school, church). Cost will range from $125-$200 per person depending upon travel time and class size. (Min of 4 people required)
- Special Events-Call for pricing.